Location in Empangeni, Zululand
Many of Zululand's Tourist attractions are within an hours drive of us. These include:
Hluhluwe/Imfolosi Game Park, which is the oldest conservation area in Africa and home to the big 5 - Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Bufalo and Rhino.
The Isimangaliso (Cape St Lucia) Wetland Park and Eastern Shores (Cape Vidal) - a World Heritage site, is home to large populations of Crockodiles and Hippo and also has magnificent birdlife.
The Fort Nonquai Village Museam in Eshowe and the Eshowe Boardwalk are well worth a visit.
Chakaland, an authentic Zulu Kraal situated above Lake Pobana on the uMhlathuze river in Nkwalini takes one back in time to experience life as it was in a traditional Zulu Kraal.
Empangeni boasts an 18 hole golf course as well as an Olympic Size Swimming Pool, Bowling Greens, Tennis Courts, Squash Courts and a Cricket Oval. The Boardwalk Inkwazi Shopping Mall is in close access to Richards Bay.
Directions to Babbling Brook
- From Durban take the N2 North for about 160 Kms. ( 3 tolls )
- From King Shaka Airport turn left onto the N2 by following the signpost for Stanger. Then proceed as below.
- Go through 2 tolls before the big toll at Mtunzini (R33.00)
- About 20 kms after Mtunzini toll plaza (R33.00 fee) take the Exit No 327 for Empangeni & Richards Bay.
- At the robot turn Left to Empangeni.
- After you turn left, start counting the robots. At the 4th robot turn Right and then after only 20 meters (this is where most people make a mistake) turn Left into Rex Henderson Rd. You will have a grass island on your left between Rex Henderson Rd and the Main Rd you were on and the 5 Ways Mall (Superspar & Nandos) will be on your Right.
- About 500 meters down the road you cross a speed hump and then turn Right into our driveway. Go all the way to the top and park on the lawn in front of the house.
GPS Co-ordinates to Babbling Brook